Thursday 30 July 2020

White Washed Flowers

Hello and welcome to a special blog

I have joined the design team at Cardz 4 Galz
which is very exciting

So this is my first team blog
and the theme is

'Stamp on Kraft'

I haven't done very much of this before as I have found that, while the stamp itself looks fine, colouring onto a dark background makes the colours dull. 
So I was looking around on pinterest for inspiration and I found this technique called 'whitewash technique'. 
Which solves this problem because you stamp the image and fill it with white ink or paint so when it is dry you can colour as if you are colouring onto white
So here is my card


These flowers are stamped, heat embossed with white embossing powder and painted with white (the online tutorials used special paint brushes/pens but I don't have anything like that so I used some ready mixed paint from Hobbycraft and watered it down a little) and painted it on with a paintbrush.
They were coloured as normal after the paint had dried and I added nuvo drop dots to the center

I used the same technique for the leaves but I didn't heat emboss them
The sentiment is stamped using distress ink as I found that these inks stamp the best on kraft
I also had some thin kraft offcuts which I curled and glued on just for fun
So quite a lucky find and a good technique to use on dark card
Would you like to see my practice flower? you know you do

What a beauty!!

So have a look at Cardz 4 Galz
and make your own card to enter
and don't forget to check out my team mates cards and leave them a nice comment

buy for now
Dawn
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment